- MetAlert recently announced the planned acquisition of TrakTec LLC, a Florida-based leader in location awareness technology for consumer and business applications
- The acquisition is expected to add several products to MetAlert’s existing suite of products, one of which is an RFID and Bluetooth-enabled tracking technology called SafetyNet(R)
- The SafetyNet Tracking System comprises the SafetyNet Bracelets that patients wear, and a receiver-antenna combo used by police departments and first responders
- The Chelmsford Police Department in Massachusetts recently reported it had successfully located a missing senior citizen with dementia because of its participation in the SafetyNet program
- The department has, over time, established that radio frequency can be superior to GPS at successfully tracking missing persons, especially in challenging conditions such as densely wooded areas, buildings, basements, and shallow water
MetAlert (OTC: MLRT), a pioneer in smart, mobile, and wearable GPS tracking and recovery location-based products and services, is implementing a solid growth strategy that has seen it enter into a Heads of Terms agreement to acquire TrakTec LLC, a Florida-based leader in location awareness technology for consumer and business applications. Announced January 11, the agreement is expected to close on or before March 17 this year upon completing satisfactory due diligence and audits (https://ibn.fm/uzKUZ).
The acquisition is expected to add iGPS products, namely the Wizard GPS Tracking Watch Phone for children and the Phoenix GPS-based smartwatch for seniors, and SafetyNet(R), a radio-frequency identification (“RFID”) and Bluetooth-enabled tracking technology, to MetAlert’s existing suite of…
NOTE TO INVESTORS: The latest news and updates relating to MLRT are available in the company’s newsroom at https://ibn.fm/MLRT
BioMedWire (BMW) is a bio-med news and content distribution company that provides (1) access to a network of wire services via InvestorWire to reach all target markets, industries and demographics in the most effective manner possible, (2) article and editorial syndication to 5,000+ news outlets (3), enhanced press release services to ensure maximum impact, (4) social media distribution via the Investor Brand Network (IBN) to millions of social media followers, (5) a full array of corporate communications solutions, and (6) a total news coverage solution with BMW Prime. As a multifaceted organization with an extensive team of contributing journalists and writers, BMW is uniquely positioned to best serve private and public companies that desire to reach a wide audience of investors, consumers, journalists and the general public. By cutting through the overload of information in today’s market, BMW brings its clients unparalleled visibility, recognition and brand awareness. BMW is where news, content and information converge.
To receive SMS text alerts from BioMedWire, text “Biotech” to 844-397-5787 (U.S. Mobile Phones Only)
For more information, please visit https://www.biomedwire.com
BioMedWire is part of the InvestorBrandNetwork.