SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 21, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Design preventive healthcare and continuous monitoring solutions for wearable health and fitness applications with the MAX86140 and MAX86141 optical pulse oximeter/heart rate sensors and the MAX30001 electrocardiogram (ECG) and bioimpedance (BioZ) analog front end (AFE) from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM). Through compact, low power solutions, these devices enable accurate monitoring of vital signs to monitor wellness/fitness and prevent health problems before they even begin.
- Maxim's sensor solutions, including videos for wearable applications: http://bit.ly/Maxim_Sensor_Solutions
- Details about MAX86140: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX86140
- Details about MAX86141: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX86141
- Details about MAX30001: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX30001
- Hi-res image: http://bit.ly/Maxim_Health-Fitness_Image
- Block diagram: http://bit.ly/Maxim_Health-Fitness_Block_Diagram
Today's continuous monitoring technology is shifting the consumer mindset away from a reactive monitoring approach to a proactive one. Rather than waiting for yearly doctor visits to get results for blood pressure and other vital signs, consumers want real-time information about the status of their health. This shift is causing an increased demand for accurate, small, and low-power wearable devices—an important enabler for this new way of thinking. As continuous monitoring and preventive healthcare become more common, both technology providers and health practitioners must embrace and accommodate these new demands to be successful.
Maxim's portfolio of sensors for wearable health and fitness applications allows consumers to accurately monitor a variety of key vital signs while being mindful of low power (for longer battery life) and small size (for convenience and comfort). The MAX86140 and MAX86141 can be used to measure PPG signals on the wrist, finger, and ear to detect heart rate, heart rate variability, and pulse oximetry. The MAX30001 measures ECG and BioZ on the chest and wrist to detect heart rate, respiration, and arrhythmias. Compared to competitive solutions, the MAX86140 and MAX86141 require less than half the power and is approximately one third smaller, while the MAX30001 requires approximately half the power in almost half the size. By collecting beat to beat data about the heart, these solutions collect accurate data so users can recognize important symptoms when they first begin. In addition, the MAX30001 meets IEC60601-2-47, clinical ECG standards.
- "The convergence of clinical grade diagnostics in form factors small enough to integrate into all sorts of smart, everyday clothing is impressive," said Adrian Straka, Director of Hardware and Manufacturing, SKIIN. "The ultra-small MAX30001 enables SKIIN's bio-sensing underwear to monitor and track health metrics 24 hours a day, 7 days a week in low power operation."
- "With unmatched power, as well as ultra-small form factor and high accuracy, our robust portfolio of sensor solutions will enable our customers to succeed in this market," said Andrew Baker, Executive Director of Industrial & Healthcare at Maxim Integrated.
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX86140 and MAX86141 are available at Maxim's website and select authorized distributors; MAX86140 is available for $3.05 and MAX86141 is available for $3.35 (1000-up, FOB USA); Both are available in a 20-pin WLP (2.048mm x 1.848mm) and operate over the-40-degree Celsius to +85-degree Celsius operating temperature range; The MAX86140EVSYS# evaluation kit, which evaluates both MAX86140 and MAX86141, is available for $100
- The MAX30001 is available at Maxim's website and select authorized distributors for $5.83 (1000-up, FOB USA); Available in a 28-pin TQFN and 30-bump WLP (2.7mm x 2.9mm); Operates over the 0-degree Celsius to 70-degree Celsius operating temperature range; The MAX30001EVSYS# evaluation kit is available for $100
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim Integrated develops innovative analog and mixed-signal products and technologies to make systems smaller and smarter, with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. We are empowering design innovation for our automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer, and cloud data center customers to deliver industry-leading solutions that help change the world. Learn more at https://www.maximintegrated.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maxim-enabling-a-healthier-world-with-wearables-for-preventive-health-and-fitness-applications-300558963.html
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.