SECURITIES AND EXCHANGE COMMISSION
Washington D.C. 20549
Pursuant to Section 13 or 15(d)
of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934
Date of Report (Date of earliest event reported): April 30, 2016
MANNING & NAPIER, INC.
(Exact name of registrant as specified in its charter)
|(State or other jurisdiction
290 Woodcliff Drive, Fairport, New York 14450
(Address of principal executive offices and zip code)
(Registrants telephone number, including area code)
Check the appropriate box below if the Form 8-K filing is intended to simultaneously satisfy the filing obligation of the registrant under any of the following provisions:
|¨||Written communications pursuant to Rule 425 under the Securities Act (17 CFR 230.425)|
|¨||Soliciting material pursuant to Rule 14a-12 under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14a-12)|
|¨||Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 14d-2(b) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.14d-2(b))|
|¨||Pre-commencement communications pursuant to Rule 13e-4(c) under the Exchange Act (17 CFR 240.13e-4(c))|
|Item 8.01.||Other Events.|
On April 30, 2016, Manning & Napier, Inc. (the Company) completed the acquisition of a majority interest in Rainier Investment Management, LLC (Rainier), an investment management firm based in Seattle, Washington. At closing, the Company acquired a 75% ownership interest in Rainier, with the remaining 25% ownership maintained by key professionals at Rainier.
On May 2, 2016, the Company issued a press release in connection with the Rainier acquisition described in this Current Report on Form 8-K. A copy of the press release is attached hereto as Exhibit 99.1 and incorporated by reference herein.
|Item 9.01.||Financial Statements and Exhibits.|
Description of Exhibit
|99.1||Press Release issued by Manning & Napier, Inc. on May 2, 2016.|
Pursuant to the requirements of the Securities Exchange Act of 1934, as amended, the registrant has duly caused this report to be signed on its behalf by the undersigned hereunto duly authorized.
|Manning & Napier, Inc.|
|Date: May 3, 2016||By:|| |
/s/ Richard B. Yates
Richard B. Yates