SAN JOSE, Calif., Nov. 15, 2017 /PRNewswire/ -- Industrial designers can now achieve 2x faster data rates and extend cable length by up to 50% with MAX22500E, MAX22501E, and MAX22502E RS-485 transceivers from Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. (NASDAQ: MXIM).
- Details about MAX22500E: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX22500E
- Details about MAX22501E: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX22501E
- Details about MAX22502E: https://www.maximintegrated.com/products/MAX22502E
- Download a block diagram: http://bit.ly/Maxim_MAX22500E_Block_Diagram
With motion control systems requiring more accuracy over longer distances, system designers are challenged to maintain faster data rates and achieve robust communications with longer cables. A production site, for example, may not efficiently function with a slow data rate and short cables as it must transfer accurate information quickly and over a long distance.
The MAX22500E/MAX22501E (half-duplex) and MAX22502E (full-duplex) ESD-protected RS-485/RS-422 transceivers extend the reach of communication up to 100Mbps over 50m. This provides the industry's fastest data rates for accurate, cost-effective, and robust communication across long cables for a variety of motion control applications. The settable pre-emphasis feature within the MAX22500E and MAX22502E enables 2x faster data rates compared to competitive solutions for increased encoder resolution and reduced latency. Pre-emphasis extends cables up to 50% longer to communicate over longer distances. A large receiver hysteresis (250mV) provides superior robustness to EFT. In addition, by improving the signal integrity and robustness, system designers can achieve the same level of performance with lower-cost cables. The transceivers operate over the -40-degree Celsius to +125- degree Celsius temperature range.
- Robust communications: Extends the reach to 100Mbps over 50m (or 50Mbps over 100m); Settable pre-emphasis improves data integrity with high data rates; 200mV receiver hysteresis for EFT robustness
- High Performance: Fastest 100Mbps data rate for higher resolution/accuracy communication; Flexible low voltage logic supply interface down to 1.6V; Improved signal integrity enables less expensive cable costs
- Small Size: Reduced footprint with small 8-, 10-, and 12-pin TDFN packages
- "These RS-485 transceivers demonstrate Maxim's commitment to the industrial and motor control market, and are pushing the envelope to meet customer challenges," said Susie Inouye, Research Director at Databeans.
- "Our solutions offer customers with the flexibility and performance they need to upgrade their systems," said Timothy Leung, Executive Business Manager, Industrial & Healthcare Business Unit at Maxim Integrated. "For example, they can swap out the IC on their hardware while keeping the same infrastructure. Similarly, end customers can adjust data rates and cable lengths."
Availability and Pricing
- The MAX22500E is available in a 10-pin TDFN (3mm x 3mm) package for $3.51 (1000-up, FOB USA) at Maxim's website and select authorized distributors
- The MAX22501E is available in an 8-pin TDFN (3mm x 3mm) package for $1.79 (1000-up, FOB USA) at Maxim's website and select authorized distributors
- The MAX22502E is available in a 12-pin TDFN (3mm x 3mm) package for $3.94 (1000-up, FOB USA) at Maxim's website and select authorized distributors
- The MAX22500EEVKIT#, MAX22501EEVKIT#, and MAX22502EEVKIT# evaluation kits are each available for $95
About Maxim Integrated
Maxim Integrated develops innovative analog and mixed-signal products and technologies to make systems smaller and smarter, with enhanced security and increased energy efficiency. We are empowering design innovation for our automotive, industrial, healthcare, mobile consumer, and cloud data center customers to deliver industry-leading solutions that help change the world. Learn more at https://www.maximintegrated.com.
View original content with multimedia:http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/maxim-transceivers-provide-2x-faster-data-rates-and-up-to-50-extended-cable-length-for-motion-control-and-industrial-applications-300556152.html
SOURCE Maxim Integrated Products, Inc.